Seneca Review typically accepts submissions twice annually—from September 1st through October 15th and from February 1st through March 15th.
• Recommended submission: 3-5 poems (as ONE FILE) or essays up to 20 pages of original, unpublished work.
• Only one submission per reading period, please.
• We do not publish fiction.
• Editors typically respond within 6 to 9 months, sooner if we can.
• Accepted authors receive two complimentary copies of their issue and a two-year subscription to Seneca Review.
• Copyright is held by Hobart and William Smith Colleges until publication, at which time rights revert to the author.
• Due to budgetary concerns, and in an effort to curb our Submittable expenses, Seneca Review is now charging a $3 fee for work sent via Submittable. However, since we believe that writers should, ideally, be able to submit without paying any fee whatsoever, we will still accept free submissions mailed to our physical address. (Mailed submissions *must* include a SASE, or they will be recycled.)
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
300 Pulteney St.
Geneva, NY 14456
Reviews of contemporary collections of poetry, essays, and hybrid works. Approximately 700-2,500 words.